NWCCI invites any, and all current budding NWCCI photographers to enter the 2016 photo contest!
- NWCCI Gift Basket
- A winner’s certificate
- Publication on http://www.NorthwestCCI.com
We’re inviting you to capture and share with us what inspires you, via photograph. Express your creativity – what inspires you as an exchange student on the Community College Initiative program? What inspired you to want to study in the United States ? Share your world through photos.
We have 2 different categories for you to enter with a winner chosen in each category:
- #NWCCIinspire – Capture what inspires you to improve your community, your world, spread cultural diversity, understanding and awareness. What inspired you to study abroad? What inspires you begin change and to help create a better world for tomorrow?
- #ExchangesAre – Share a photo of something that captures what it means to be in a part of a Department of State sponsored exchange program. What is your favorite part of studying in the U.S.?
There will be two first place prizes and honorable mention photos will be included on the website.
We would love to share your experience with other, future Department of State Exchange Program participants and inspire others to go abroad too!
- April 7th – start submitting your photos!
- April 29th– deadline for photo submissions.
Photo contest Rules
- Submit your photo and information to firstname.lastname@example.org to be entered into the contest.
- To be considered, please include your name, photo location, category, and a short, paragraph description of your photo in your email submission, and why it fits into the category you chose.
- Please do not have your name or logo on the front of the photo.
- You must include the category name of which category you want to submit your photo to in the Email. (Ex: #NWCCIinspire, #ExchangesAre)
- You must be currently in the NWCCI program ( August 2015 – June 2016)
- You can enter a max of two pictures in each category (four photos total) and you can only win once (you couldn’t receive first prize in both categories)
- Follow the @NWCCIprogram on Instagram to see some of the submissions as they arrive.
- Feel free to share your photos on your personal Instagram account if you have one, and use the #NWCCI, #NWCCIinspire, #ExchangesAre, and #ExchangeOurWorld hashtags
Winners will be judged by faculty and staff at Edmonds Community College who are not NWCCI staff. Many of the photos submitted will be posted on the NWCCI Instagram account and the winners will be posted on NorthwestCCI.com.
Photos of all kinds will be accepted so don’t feel discouraged if you do not have an expensive/professional digital camera!
- By entering the competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you in your entry is true, accurate and complete in every respect. Northwest CCI and the Department of State reserve the right to post and share your photo as they deem necessary.
Contest open to 2015-2016 NWCCI participants. The photo must be your own. By submitting your photo you are permitting NWCCI to share your photograph on social media, and use for marketing or other purposes. Participants must have signed and returned the 2016 NWCCI “Release of Information” form to their advisors by submission deadline, April 29th.